1. I showed my love for the KitchenAid Cook for the Cure promo. Last Saturday, I technically hosted a dinner fundraiser, by dining along with five others at the Fuel Cafe in Denver. The owner and my friend, Bob, agreed to donate 10% of Saturday night’s food earnings to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
2. I got myself to David Chang’s Ma Peche, above. At the Classic, he seemed most excited about this new venture. Delicious and look at that soft peach-y light!
3. I now wash my to-be-cooked veggies in luke warm water because HE said so! [ did you see the 10 Tips from Aspen Food and Wine?]
4. A new cookbook, Morimoto’s New Art of Japanese Cooking, autographed and all, might guide our extravagant and exclusive new years cooking and feasting party. Last year the book inspiring us was the French Laundry (some of the dishes pictured below) and yes, I know it is July- just thinking ahead a bit.
5. After a light-bulb moment induced by my friend Amanda, I realized it is ridiculous to use a towel as your KitchenAid splash guard when making butter. So I ordered a real one. Making this is now easier!
6. I broke down and subscribed to Food and Wine and 5280. I buy them anyway and am working on some of mycommitment issues.
7. I now watch Top Chef. As crazy as that may sound to some die-hard fans of the show, before the Classic, I may (…just may) have seen three random episodes of this.
8. I tweet. I started following Sissy Biggers on Twitter because she asked folks to do that when presenting the Quick Fire challenge between the steamy Michael Voltaggio and the well-seasoned Rick Bayless. Sissy follows me! So I say you should too- my tweets at www.twitter.com/frenchpressmemo
9. When ordering a margarita, I now ask for the salt to be not on the rim, but in foam-shape over the top of my drink. No, I don’t actually do that, but it would be nice to have the option.
10. Thinking ahead, I am already wrecking my mind trying to figure out what crazy trick I can pull out of my hat to be able to attend this event again next year- some serious plotting going on! I accept suggestions
No recipe today (weird, I know!) but Wednesday, in the true Aspen Food and Wine spirit, a recipe from Jose Andres along with a brand new confession!
No related posts.